WPC Certificate is the authorization given to foreign based manufacturer or an Indian importer to export and import wireless products in India, respectively. Granted that it’s a mouthful but it’s a niche business that not many are willing to engage with. However, now that India has moving rapidly towards the path of digitization, the lack of home-made equipment in India is sticking out like a sore thumb.
So, in order to mitigate that pain, business minded individuals are moving ahead with importing wireless equipment from other countries. If you’re one of those, then WPC certificate or WPC license is one for you. And through this article, you’ll know all that there is to know about it.
What is ETA Certificate?
before you get confused, yes, ETA certificate is another name for WPC certificate for import. While WPC certificate full form is Wireless Planning Commission Certificate, it points to the authorization you receive from the commission to import wireless products. But, when the term ETA certificate is used, it means the Equipment Type Approval certificate. And, it points to the process that you need to go through to get the authorization to import wireless product in India.
That was just me justifying my usage of keywords in a way that’s not annoying to you.
Before to diverge from the core of the topic, let me tell you about the elements of WPC certification India.
Elements of WPC Certificate
Following are the elements that present in the domain of equipment type approval:
- The heading body: It’s the government department that issues the authorization. The Wireless Planning Commission has the duty to ensure that no product imported in the country can pose a threat to national security.
- Product Testing: The wireless product is only allowed to be imported in India after it’s tested. The test is to see whether it’s working within the de-licensed frequency bands that it’s allowed to work in.
- The applicant: The applicant is the company applying for WPC ERA approval. The current members present within the WPC eta list are quite a few. That’s why the government is now promoting more applicants to join so that the competition is healthy. And, the products are of good quality.
- The Exempted: Finally, it’s the element that can do business in the wireless product without the need of the license. They are the domestic manufacturers of the wireless product. In a bid to truly promote “made in India”, the government has provided equipment type approval exemption to domestic manufacturers from applying for approval.
The applicant has to file the application to The heading body who, after a long process of Product testing, issues the ETA approval.
Let’s now discuss the process of ETA approval.
Other Related Content: How to monetize your website
Process of acquiring the WPC Certificate
To get the ETA certificate, you have to confident and walk in a straight line, upwards, and on the steps given below:
- Get the Radio frequency test report for your equipment: Get the wireless product you want to import tested from an accredited lab.
- Prepare the required documents: Add the test report to the following list of required documents:
- COI of the company
- MOA of the company
- AOA of the company
- Product description
- Letter of authorizing your authorized agent.
- An undertaking stating that you’ve provided correct information
- Company’s PAN Card.
- File the online application: Thankfully, the application filed for EPR license is online.
- Get the application assessed. You can expedite the process with the aid of consultants.
WPC license lets you import specific wireless products in India. However, to get the license on your own, you’d already had to know the right body, the right people and the right procedure. The procedure we have specified will help. However, to reach out to the right body and get the right people to assess your application, you’d need the right EPC consultants.
Leave a Reply