On the occasion of Javed Miandad birthday his fan celebrates it with passion or zeal and zest. Whenever someone talks about winning sixer, Javed Miandad’s Sharjah innings comes in mind. Pakistani cricket legend is going to turn 64 on 12 Jun 2021. Mr. Javed Miandad has an honor to be one of the youngest captains of cricket history. This astonishing personality born on 12 June 1957 in Karachi (Sindh, Pakistan). His three brothers also played first-class cricket in Pakistan. Popular cricket website ESPNCricinfo pays him tribute saying:
“Javed Miandad is the greatest batsman Pakistan has ever produced.”
In 1981 Miandad married the daughter of Mr. Khalid Saigol. He has three children. His son married to the daughter of Indian Underworld Don Dawood Ibrahim. Miandad’s father served in Indian Police department. Likewise his three brother, his nephew is also a cricketer so it can be said that cricket is his family game.
Javed Miandad’s cricket career at a glance:
- He started his international career on 11 June 1975 in ODI against West Indies.
- In International Test Cricket his debut was on 09 October 1976 against New Zealand.
- He played 357 matched out of which 124 were test matches and 233 were ODIs.
- Right handed batsman scored a total of 9132 runs in his test career with average of 45.68 per match.
- In ODIs his score average was 41.70 by scoring a total of 7381 runs.
- Legendary cricketer scored 23 centuries and 41 fifties in his test career while 8 centuries and 50 fifties in his ODI career.
- He remain man of the match in 6 Test matches and in 19 ODIs.
- His last ODI was on 09 March 1996 against India.
Miandad is one of those cricketers who remain official coach of Pakistan’s national cricket team. As a coach his first appointment was in September 1998.
He was also offered to be the coach of Indian cricket team. In 2012 he was appointed as batting consultant of Pakistan cricket team for T-20 world cup.
Cricket Legend and World Record Holder Javed Miandad Birthday
Records and achievements
- Miandad was one of three Pakistani players to have his name in the Hall of Fame at Lords.
- In 1986 he was given Pride of Performance award by President of Pakistan.
- Miandad and Sachin Tendulkar are only cricketers who appeared in six world cups.
- In 1982 he was named as one of the cricketers of the year by Wisden.
- Sitara-i-Imtiaz (the third highest civil medal of Pakistan) was given to him by President of Pakistan in 1992.
- He scored consecutive 50s in 9 one day internationals.
His fans and cricket lovers from all over the world wish him a very happy birthday.