A ponytail is a hairstyle wherein hair is pulled back from the face, gathered at the back of the head, & secured with a hair tie. With this classic hairstyle, you will make an effortless look that draws everyone’s attention. It can be worn for anything, from catching up with your friends at a party to that important job interview or a workout.
Want to make your ponytail look good from the front? The key is to complement your face by adding bangs, varying your ponytail’s height, or wearing ponytail hair extensions. Scroll down to know how to do a Ponytail and the ways in which you make it look good from the front.
How to make a ponytail
To make a ponytail look good from the front, first, you need to know how to create a ponytail. Here are the steps to get a perfect ponytail look.
- Decide where you want to place your ponytail: The first step to creating a ponytail Hair is the placement. See where you want to place your ponytail. A high ponytail secured at your temples or above can give your hair more movement. Low ponytails have less movement but look elegant and trendy.
- Brush your hair the right way: To get a perfect ponytail Hair, it’s essential to brush your hair properly. Brush your hair towards the crown in the direction of your ponytail. This will help you to prevent frizz and bumps from making an appearance.
- Add texture: Adding texture to your hair is essential to achieve a more voluminous ponytail. Spray a volumizing spray onto your hair and use your fingers to tease and lift your hair. If you want to add more texture, backcomb your hair after applying hairspray.
- Create your ponytail: Pull your hair back and lift it to the height you want. Then, secure it in place with a hair elastic. If you see bumps even after brushing your hair, take a round brush and roll it sideways over the bumps to smooth them. Then use hair elastic to secure it.
- Help tame flyaways: Flyaways can ruin the look of your ponytail. To prevent this from happening, grab a toothbrush and apply a hair spray on it. Then brush down your hair with the toothbrush to tame the flyaways.
- Hide your elastic: This step is not necessary, but it is a great way to take your ponytail to the next level. Take a small strand of hair from your ponytail and wrap it around it to hide your elastic.
If you have thin or short hair, you can always wear ponytail extensions for extra length and volume.
How to make ponytail good-look from the front
Hair Bangs are perfect for making a ponytail look good from the front. It will give you a lustrous and joyful look. Consider your face shape and choose a style according to it. If you have a long face, choose a long side-swept bang. And if you have a rounder face, choose a straight-across fringe with longer pieces around your cheekbones.
Low ponytail with side-swept bangs
A low, sleek ponytail and side-swept bangs are a match made in heaven. It is excellent for people who are bored of simple looks. To get this style, pull your hair into a low ponytail at the nape of your neck & secure it with an elastic. Keep the Hair Bangs long and swipe them to the right side of your head.
Curly ponytail with side bangs
Side bangs look the best with curly hair and loose waves. Use a curling wand to create loose curls and let it fall on the back. Then, tie your hair in a high ponytail at the crown of your head. Pull a few sections looser from the ponytail for a more relaxed look. It goes well with side bangs, just above the eyebrows.
Ponytail with curtain bangs
Complement your ponytail with curtain bangs. The bangs don’t fall over the forehead but are instead parted in the middle, framing your face on each side. Style your bangs as you want and pull the rest of your hair into a ponytail for a stunning look.
A Bouffant ponytail is striking, straightforward, and simply elegant. It adds charm to your classic pony and makes it perfect for the gym, date night, gala, or the grocery store. In general, you can wear it at any event.
Steps to create a bouffant ponytail are as follows:
- Apply a mousse to your damp hair, and then blow dry with a round hairbrush.
- Spray some volumizing hair spray onto the roots and gently tease the hair all over.
- Isolate the front strand around the face by creating a middle part using fingers.
- Using an elastic hook, make a high messy ponytail.
- Create more volume by gently pulling around the ponytail. This way you achieve the required volume that is perfect for the bouffant ponytail hairstyle.
- Bring or pull back the front strands to hide the elastic hook of the ponytail.
- Pull back your hair into a ponytail. Finish it by wrapping a long hairpiece around the base of the pony for a sleek finish.
From adding bangs and varying your ponytail’s height to wearing ponytail extensions, there are many ways to make your ponytail look good from the front. So try them out and notice the change in your looks!