The CDSCO License for the import of cosmetics watches over the quality, quantity, and toxicity of the cosmetic products as they are imported in India. It’s not a new requirement for anyone planning to import and sell imported products in India, however, there are many things that have changed. Some of these “things” are administrative documents.
Through this article, you’ll know about the administrative documents for CDSCO License.
Here is the list of documents required for a CDSCO license for the import of cosmetics in brief:
- Covering Letter
- Form 42
- TR-6 Challan
- Power of Attorney
- Schedule III
- Labels of Product
- Ingredient List
- Regulatory Certificates
- Chemical info of cosmetics
- Pack Insert
- Product information’s soft copies
- Product sample
- List of countries that have already given permission to the manufacturer to import.
In this covering letter, you’d mention the reason of you applying for the CDSCO License for the import of cosmetics. It would also contain a complete index for rest of the administrative documents.
Form 42 is the application form for the CDSCO License for cosmetics import. It has to be filled by an Indian authorized representative or agent or the manufacturer. The other details that it would entail are as follows:
- Name and categorization of the cosmetic product
- Details of the authorized agent and the importer
- Details of the manufacturer and the premises of its manufacturing.
It would contain the fee that you’ve paid for each category of product. It has to be in favor of the Head of Account. Furthermore it would contain the total amount that combines all the categories of cosmetics.
Power of Attorney
This document has to be executed by either in India before a magistrate of first class or in the country of origin from which the cosmetic products are being imported from. If latter case, the document has to be either attested by the Indian embassy of the said country or a department of equal authority. Or, it has to be Apostilled from the Hague convention member countries as per the directions given in the Performa. It would also entail details such as:
- Name and other details of the manufacturer
- Name and other details of the Indian agent
- Name or names of the cosmetic products.
- Validity of the Power of Attorney
The document has to be signed, stamped and dated jointly by the Indian agent and the manufacturer.
The manufacturer has to provide a duly filled Schedule III.
Labels of the proposed product
In section of the administrative documents, you’d provide the:
- Label that have been put on the cosmetic product in its country of origin.
- Visible label on the proposed product. In the document that you’re providing the same, provide other details of the product such as:
- Name of the cosmetic product
- Details of the manufacturer
- For how long the product can be used once the package is opened
- How to safely use the product.
- Manufacturing license number
- Batch number
- Import name and address and the import registration number.
List of all the ingredients used to produce the cosmetics. That list has to be attested by a qualified Quality checker.
All the regulatory certificates
This category of administrative documents for CDSCO registration consist of all the documents that the manufacturer of those products already have.
- Manufacturer License after the copy has been authenticated.
- Free sale certificate (original) that’s issued by the National Regulatory Authority of the country in which the product is produced.
- In case the issuer of free sale certificate is not the National Regulatory Authority, then other competent authorities can issue it but only if they have the approval from the Indian embassy situated in that country.
Chemical info of the cosmetic products
In these documents required for CDSCO License, you need provide the following details:
- The testing protocol you have implemented to test the products
- Specification of the chemicals present.
- Test reports and results of all microbiological, Pb, As, and Hg test.
It’s a document that one uses to explain the usage of the product. In the case of cosmetics, you need to specify a pack insert if you’ve it for your product.
Soft copies of product information
Soft copy in either the Microsoft word of excel format – detailing the information about the product.
Sample of product
Provide a packaged sample for your cosmetics. In case the pack is smudged or something is wrong with the label, you’re bound to face rejection of the CDSCO License application.
In this list, you’ll mention the countries that have authorized the manufacturer to import the product.
The administrative documents required to get a license from CDSCO to facilitate the import of cosmetics are many. However, with our business license experts, you won’t have to worry about putting them together on your own.
Leave a Reply