During this uncertain period of COVID-19, we have accepted the preventative measures as a new normal in Pakistan. Washing hands frequently, using hand sanitizer, and wearing masks are the basic precautionary steps to prevent coronavirus. However, these steps bring skin dryness, skin irritation, skin rashes, and other skin problems with them. Though we cannot omit them from our lives, we can change our skincare routine to cope with these skin changes. Adding a few skincare cosmetics products for your hand, face, and body can also prevent skin damages and irritation caused by a face mask and hand sanitizer. You can do online shopping of Makeup and cosmetics products to make sure social distance.
Hand Care Products and Tips:
According to WHO guidelines, people need to keep their hands germ-free to gain maximum protection against COVID-19. Thus, washing hands for at least 20 seconds or using a hand sanitizer becomes the most important thing to keep coronavirus away from your life. However, alcohol-based sanitizers and frequent handwashing can lead to dryness and cracked skin. Here we enlist some beneficial hand care products and helpful tips to treat and prevent hands’ dryness.
- Use Hand Cream: Hand sanitizer contains 60% alcohol in its formula that kills the germs but dries out the skin. Similarly, handwashing removes all the natural moisture, and it results in dryness and cracked skin. Therefore, hand creams for dry hands are the most sensible pick to keep hands’ skin supple and soft. There are various brands for hand creams that you can consider buying for the best hand care.
- Use gloves during cleaning: Cleanliness is a key to prevents a lot of infectious germs and bacteria. But you can irritate your hands’ skin by using harsh cleaners barehanded. These cleaners kill the germs from surfaces, but the chemicals in them can damage the skin. Thus, always wear hand gloves when cleaning the house with any disinfectant cleaner.
- Apply moisturizer after handwashing: To avoid dryness and chapped hands’ skin, add the best moisturizer to your hand care. If you have severely dry skin, then you add rich emollient to your moisturizer. It helps seal the moisture in the skin to prevent stripping and dryness. The moisturizer having urea, glycerin, or hyaluronic acid would be the best pick for defying hands’ dryness.
Even if your hands do not feel chapped and dry, do not avoid these tips. Preventing dryness is a better option than treating it.
Face care products and tips:
Most people wear face masks when they go out in public or during their working duties. They have to wear surgical masks or cloth masks throughout their shift to reduce the coronavirus spread. Despite its preventative purpose, it can also lead to various skin damages. Wearing a mask for a long time can chafe the skin, behind the ears, and on the nose bridge. When we talk about the skin problems during the COVID-19 pandemic, you cannot ignore the acne problem. Most people complain about acne breakouts after wearing a face mask in a sweaty condition. These skin conditions cannot be managed without opting for the right skincare product for them. Here, we mention facial products and tips to avoid these skin problems.
- Use face cleanser regularly: Face cleansing is the foremost skincare step to keep the facial pores clean from dust, oil, and even bacteria. Thus, one should always do face cleansing every day to avoid clogged pores and acne.
- Use non-comedogenic moisturizer: Always consider using lightweight and non-comedogenic moisturizer on high humidity days during coronavirus pandemic. The reason is that sweating and damp conditions under the face mask stimulate oil production. It can lead to acne breakouts. Therefore, beauty experts recommend a water-soluble moisturizer to prevent clogging of facial pores.
- Use bandage and ointments on chaffed skin: Skin behind the ear and on the nose becomes chapped due to friction. You can reduce friction and pressure by simply pasting a thin and breathable bandage. The zinc oxide skin protectant, rash cream, and barrier ointment can also work well to avoid skin injuries from masks. It is the most helpful tip for health workers who have to wear surgical masks for an entire day or during their duty hours at health care centers.
- Use skin toner: If you have oily skin, then you should add skin toner to your skincare routine during uncertain times. Whenever you remove the mask and wash your face, apply the skin toner and lightweight moisturizer to avoid acne and other skin conditions.
- Use the best acne treatment products: If the unlikely condition under the mask trigger acne, add the best acne treatment product to your routine. Dermatologists highly recommend benzoyl peroxide-based formula and salicylic acid-based formula to reduce the acne condition. You can find face washes, face creams, night cream, moisturizers, and specialized treatment masks for acne. Besides using these products, avoid squeezing or popping the pimples because it can lead to skin inflammation and skin infection.
Body care products and Tips:
Health workers, doctors, and paramedical staff are supposed to wear the proper PPEs, include N95 Mask, Gown, Gloves, and eye protection goggles. These PPEs are not breathable and moisture-wicking, and they can lead to excess sweating. Thus, skin rashes and itching are the prime concern to treat with skincare products. Here we enlist some essential body care products that you should use during this phase of a pandemic.
- Use antiperspirants deodorant: Always use anti-irritant and antiperspirant deodorant after shower. It not only makes you smell good but also prevents excessive sweating. You can choose any top branded deodorant antiperspirants from an online marketplace.
- Use rash cream and healing ointment: If your skin developed skin rashes, use the skin protectant ointment on the irritated skin. Consider using the organic formula that contains all-natural ingredients, such as shea butter, Aloe Vera, Calendula, Cocoa butter, etc.
With all the precautions, add the stay safe at home at your priority list. Even if you want to buy any of these products, you can use the reliable facility of online shopping in Pakistan. So, upgrade your skincare routine in this COVID-19 epidemic and stay healthy.